Wishing you all a very happy Valentine’s Day for this Sunday – 14th February!
To mark the occasion, here’s a sweet treat to share with your loved one, or to devour by yourself while watching Netflix. 🙂
- 150g Butter chopped
- 150g plain flour
- 150g dark chocolate (70% or better)
- 150g castor sugar
- 3 eggs and 3 egg yolks
- 50g butter and cocoa powder for moulds
- Firstly get moulds ready, I used cups and they are perfect. Melt butter and using a pastry brush, brush 8 cups. Place them in the fridge for a few minutes, repeat and then dust with cocoa. A handy way of dusting is to put a spoon of cocoa in first cup and coat side and tip excess cocoa into next cup and so on!
- Melt butter and chocolate over a gentle heat, when done allow to cool slightly (10 mins)
- In a mixer, whip eggs, yolks and sugar together until the whisk leaves a trail. Sift in flour and beat it into the mixture.
- Pour in chocolate mixture ¼ at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Divide up the mixture into the moulds and allow to chill for 20 minutes or even overnight.
- Cook in a pre heated oven at 200⁰ for 11 minutes or until top is firm and mixture is coming away from sides.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving, then serve with cream, ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and / or strawberries!!!
Enjoy – its my two daughters favourite dessert!!!